Warsaw is a recurrent theme in the “Landscapes” series. The earliest photographs, taken on 6x9 cm film, date back to the 1950-53 period, depicting views from apartments in the districts of Praga and Wola, or shots of yards and streets. The best known set was taken ca. 1962 on 6x6 cm film and focuses on the upper Mokotow district where the artist had been living since 1957.
The first works of the series were made by Dlubak during the trips on which he carried out photographic commissions, e.g. documenting the agricultural and farming production at State Agricultural Farms (PGR). Later works, usually in 6x6cm format, usually capture the environs of Warsaw.
In the early 1950s, probably between 1950 and 1953, Zbigniew Dlubak was living with Irena Jarosinska in Praga district. At that period the artist retreated from social life. He made a living from commissions and simultaneously carried out a series of photographs of urban and suburban landscapes. This collection of views from his apartment /studio, situated near St. Florian church, was taken at this time.
From 1957 Zbigniew Dlubak was living on Pulawska street in Mokotow district, where he also had his studio until the beginning of the1960s. Still interested in his immediate surroundings, he took a number of photographs from the window that betray his fascination with slight changes the existence, regularities, or differences of which, are only revealed in a photographic image.