Bielany II and Bielany III
The layout and architecture of the new housing developments in the Bielany district in northern Warsaw were designed almost exclusively by Maria and Kazimierz Piechotka. Between 1958 and 1964, the couple designed the Bielany II and Bielany III housing estates, which featured ample public space between the buildings, lots of greenery, and easy access to retail and services. Chrząszczowa documented the early and final stages of construction. Workers can be seen in some of the photographs.