Streets of Warsaw

The tenements (built in 1939) at Jaworzyńska Street 13 and 15, and the annexes of the ruined houses at Polna, Nowowiejska and Śniadeckich streets were slated for demolition in 1966, giving way, within a year, to a new stretch of Waryńskiego Street, connecting Nowowiejska with Puławska. Another group of photographs shows the empty Wisłostrada thoroughfare at Old Town, and the Most Gdański bridge. They may have been taken after the bridge’s construction had been completed in 1959.
Translate »